LOVE ISN'T EASY (NOVELLA)





INDEX


PROLOGUE
       [1] ONE          
            
"Cialla!!"            

"Coming…."             

"IT’S TIME. Get ready soon"            

"Will be there in a minute"

When Cialla showed up, everyone was looking over her only. She posed very well, with her perfectly curved body and her skills of modelling. That's why she can with-hold the title  ‘A Perfect Model’  all over the world. When she returned to her dressing room, I followed her. She saw her mobile which was on top of the table. There must be 3 missed calls from me, she smiled at it and called me. But I stopped her and smiled with rosy cheeks and pleading eyes.             

"Hey, what’s the matter that made you come over to my place itself?"               

"Cialla… I think I'm messed up"  

I lowered my eyes and I sounded funny like I am gonna get kicked out if I say about it to her. She clearly knew about whom I was talking about.             

"You don't sound good, is this about him?"

"Yeah...”             

She just stared at me and sighed as if I am a huge pain for her.            

"I can’t talk to you right now. I am busy. So, maybe after work”

“ It's fine for me”

I smiled at her brightly and she rolled her eyes at me and went to work.

***********

(sniffing) "It's never gonna be alright.

Things just keep on falling apart from me"           

"Shh... don’t think like that. Everything will be alright soon"        

 (clears throat) "It's just in the opposite of every word YOU say"
           
 Ugh....just forget HIM then"            

"You do know I can't. I can’t do that. I can’t bring myself to do that even if he said so"           

 "Eventually you will, I believe in you, you'll Change… for your best"

"Thank you... for trusting in me. But Tim... I don't believe in myself"
            
There was a sudden silence, I broke the silence by saying,

"But I won't let you down, your faith in me. So, you don't have to worry about me. I'll change as you said... eventually"          

“Touché..”

Tim smiled at me, it was a weak smile yet I knew he was trying his best to let me feel up. His hands cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead and left the room.

I was all alone once again. I hugged myself as I slowly fell onto the bed and started to cry silently.

There was a heavy thunder that startled me and I looked over the balcony. The night sky was so beautiful which made me drag over to the edge of the balcony. The brightly lit up the night sky was decorated by some sort of stars, clouds and full moon. The moon was particularly shining out of everything that was surrounded by it. It was so great looking into it. Suddenly I felt like I could see a shadow down in my garden. 

As I lowered my eyes to the ground I saw a man who wore a formal dress and when he noticed me, he wished genuinely. He stood by the entrance gate, he smiled as I did. It was a warm smile, it made me forget everything about him.


[2]  TWO

The phone rang for a few minutes, then only the opposite person picked it up.              

"Hello"               

"Yano sir?" , I asked without waiting for a minute.                

"Oh! It's you, Aron. Hmm...let me see, you wanna give it another shot to publish it right?"                

"Yes, an-"                

"That's not gonna happen and also I have lots of work to do"
                
"Please Yano, please"                

"Okay, fine. Last chance, see the mail I sent you. If you're okay with that, then we can continue"
               
I looked into my mail and gulped as I read it.
               
"Well, what do you say?" , Yano asked from the other side of the phone.

For some minutes there was only silence. Yano got pissed off, so when he was about to hang up, I said in a strong voice though I didn’t wanna say that to him.               

"I'll sign it"            

"Good. Well as you're being welcomed to a Pre-book publishing party, don't mess it up ‘cause you're the one who’s gonna be the main guest… Then we'll see in a few days"

"Yeah see you soon"  

-Call ended-


****************

CHAPTER - 1

I am Renu, born in India, age 21. I have sacrificed myself for about almost 3 and a half years to write a book about 'Life'. I also work in a nearby café. I did say that I was born in India but... for only a few years my parents kept me there, they got over here to Vietnam. 

Now I live on my own as my parents got so much work to do, they frequently leave the station due to their work. During those situations, I was left behind with my best friends, Cialla and Tim Rander. And seems like they also came from another country like me. As for my friends, they both have a good look, so they ended up in a model agency.   

My long wish is about to come true, I thought... as I came out of the door. Just now, a few minutes ago I met up with my publisher and showed my research about 'Life', the book I wrote. They said they’ll call me up after.

As they said, they did call me but they didn't mention anything about my book. They said that they would send someone to my home, to have an important discussion and they hung up before I could even answer. I don't know what this is about but I'm terrified.

On that day I was left with my friends as my parents went abroad. That someone who was mentioned by the publications came by. Cialla welcomed him. Tim arranged the seats for him. I brought some drinks for him. He drank one sip from it and when he looked at his watch. His face totally changed into serious and looked at me with a forgiving eye.

He said: “I think it’s time for you to know, Miss Renu”

I don't know why but when he said those words, I felt like... my heart was carrying a heavyweight and somehow I knew that this conversation won't end well. I stared at him.

He said: "I don't wanna lie to you, I wanna be pure truth to you. I knew what I had done was something very foolish of me. But what I did is done. It's in the past, I don't want to leave you all crying and blaming someone or whatever, I just wanna tell you the truth. That's why I'm here...... I'm sorry, Miss Renu. I sold your book, all your sacrifices within one second to another person. And um... you know the Pre-book publishing party, you are invited but only if you wish to come over. I ain't forcing you. And that's it. Just think about the party okay. Then I’ll take my leave"

With that, he was gone. I sat in the same place and stared at the glass cup which contained the drink I provided to him. I didn't even cry, huh.....when I thought about it, a drop of my tears fell down on my lap, no, no… I shouldn't. I need to be strong... I should not… but I can't control it. My tears fell down, I covered it with my palms.


Cialla put her hands over my shoulder and tried to ease me but it wasn't working. I gave her a feeble smile as I left the house. I wanna be alone and feel nature's sound and try to understand it or let it understand my feelings. 

I walked to a nearby park and sat down on a couch. 

Near me, a young man was sitting over, who looked like my age. He was lovely. He was mumbling on his phone when he called up some person named 'Yano'.

Must be one of his friends, well whatever. After I took a glance at him once again, I got up and started to walk towards my home.

I felt like someone was following me, I gave a quick glance around and I found him along with my phone, I was thankful. Eventually, we started chatting and became friends. I shared everything about me with him. 

Actually, I won't that easily share my things with anyone but this man, near me, something made me tell him. I don't know why but once I said everything to him, the feeling I had... like my heart lifting weight is already gone off. 

He shared some of the things only with me. But when he was about to say something really really serious, he got a call and there, like a Poof!... ended our little tiny conversation.

But when I wanted to let him know about the recent things that happened, I felt like someone was stopping me from saying it to him. And then, I returned to my home. I didn't say anything about the recent situations that happened to him. 

And the very next day in the morning, I looked up at the invitation, the one that someone left it over for me. I thought about it over and over. And at last, I decided that I want to go. Take a good look at the person who took over my book. Yes, that person was the main guest at this party. But in the invitation, they left it with suspense about that particular person. I don't want to leave it as a mystery, I wanna know. I want to clear the blur which is in my mind. I'm going.


The next night was an important thing to me which was the day to be held as the pre-publishing party. I longed to go just 'cos I wanna see the person who is gonna use my book just to achieve fame. The night before the party, I said that I was going to attend the party with my friends as well as my parents. My parents were okay with my decision but... not my friends since they’re the one who knows what happened here.

They consoled me and tried to change over my mind but Nah! I ain't giving up. I wanna know about this mysterious person who is such a fake. Since I came to a decision and stood by it, my friends let go of me. I’m a very persistent person.

The next day, when I woke up. First I visited my balcony and felt fresh air through my skin which made me tingle, secondly refreshed and when I came over to my room, I saw Cialla smiling at me as she stood right next to the door closed and had some clothes on her arms. I smirked at her. She threw up the clothes on the bed and arranged it slowly one by one and nearby. She picked up three pieces of clothing. Every dress looked so elegant and chic. I loved every dress.

But only one dress caught my eyes. It was the one which was in dark blue as the mid-ocean colour. It had a perfect round neck, half hand and also it was short which stood up by my knees. Though the dress was plain it was dazzled by the sunshine which made it even so gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. And I believe none could even take off this dress.

Cialla helped me wear it. She even helped to do my hair, which was a simple bun. She also let me wear a small pearl dollar silver chain as well as a white coloured earring. I sighed as she left out of my room. I looked at the mirror as I kept a small black dot in the middle of my eyebrows as my bindi. 

Smiling at my own reflection, I thought that I could do it and I will. I wore black high heels. I left with the person who met me and invited me to this party. He waited in his car outside my home, as he was more persistent than me to drive me there I accepted.       

While driving, there was only silence but didn’t last forever as he broke it off by asking me: 
 "Miss Renu… right?"

I thought, GOSH! Didn't he know that I love silence?

I nodded and when he watched me as expecting a small chat from me. I didn’t give any reaction. Just stareee~... You know on the road. And of course, not at him, I wouldn’t be able to do it as he was that ugly both in his looks and in the heart too as he was the one who sold over my damn good book. He understood that I didn't want to speak up. So, we travelled along with the silence.

        
When he stopped the car, he handed over a card to me and grinned at me. Ugh... I didn't take it, I avoided his eyes and got out of the car. He lowered the window glass on my side and said: "I ain't coming, I have work to do. Maybe we'll catch up later." And that's it he was off. I thought hella no way, we are never ever gonna meet up again as I looked at the road he went, it was empty as my heart and then I entered the party.

Inside, there was a big hall decorated by the lights and by flowers, water, and shrubs. It had a spectacular view. And as well as there was a garden by the backside of the hall. In the garden, there was a lot of variety of flowers. I loved to see it but only for one minute, after that, I started to hate it. I don't know why but I started to hate everything that was in here. I plucked out one flower and smelled it. It’s nice, refreshing and absolutely lively. Suddenly there was a voice behind me saying that: 

"Well, it's good, Nah?" 

Which startled me. I slowly turned and saw the same man whom I had met a few days back in the park.

He was wearing a casual white shirt which was inside a black coat along with black pants. He looked lovely in it as his shape was perfect. He smiled at me as I gazed at him. I was totally into him. He’s just perfect. I bit my lip. And then when I remembered what I had come here for, I excused myself and walked away from him to get inside the hall. He followed me. I think I won’t be distracted by him. But of course, I liked to be followed by him, only him.      

When I was in the hall, it was filled with more members than before. They were all so elegant. I grabbed a glass of water from a table which was in the corner of the room. I drank as I saw everyone and I saw that same man whom I meant as a distraction, slowly I kept the glass on the table. Now he was staring at me, our eyes met and locked. We stared at each other for a few minutes. I could feel his eyes going all over my body. But then suddenly I got my sense, he was distracting me. This feeling isn’t worth giving time right now. So, I walked towards him and asked:       

"Is something on me?"       

"No, it's just..."

He looked at me like he had no words to describe me, uhh...in a lovely way but he messed it up, he avoided my eyes and he gulped.    

"Ok! see here, I'm a little straightforward type. So, I don't care whether it hurts your feelings or not, it's just that... your gaze at me was so damn creepy. And I gotta say it, don't you do it to anyone as u know....its unordinary"

I left as he looked at me with an amused face. But Nah, he didn't give up on that creepy stare yet. After I said that thing he kept on doing that a lot, I got distracted from my conversation with others and as well as I'm so troubled. I felt uncomfortable. 


I felt as if he’s dragging me towards him with an invisible rope. Then the next time I was heading over to him and was just about to slap him but no, I couldn’t as I was about to get my hands up, he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him. I was totally gone. My heart started to beat like a thousand times faster. I couldn’t take my eyes off him, he was too close. I felt like this was so damn freaking good. I just stared at him as he licked his lips and smirked at me. He held my hand tightly as if I’m a child and walked me to the garden.


       He lifted his left hand and pointed at the moon, which was a full moon that looked lovely. It was like a vanilla ice cream with small gaps in it. I loved it. Ah! the breeze was cold, he didn’t yet let go of my hand and smiled, which made me slightly comfortable and also he made my heart pound faster than ever. I kept my eyes on him and smiled. 

We started chatting like then and he gave his number. When I was with him, I felt only happiness and comfort. I was melted by his use of words that he gathered up to tell about him and everything. The way he says, he smiles, he gazes and everything about him I started to love eventually. I dared to see right through in his eyes. 

He gave a smirk and lost the distance we had. I didn’t want to stop him. It’s way creepier when I feel like this. It’s nasty though I love it. I let him get closer to me. But believe me, nothing happened. He stopped it.

He was blushing. And seeing that I could have laughed but I controlled it. He said,

“I think we should get to know each other first.''

I smiled and said,

“Yeah, maybe we should.”

But what I thought was and wanted to tell was what do you wanna know about than being clearly known that I too like you. 

He was so cute when he was sorry for this scene, which made me urge to squeeze him but I just ended up patting him on his head. And then, he told me that it was time to begin the party. We held each other's hands but when we were inside, he left towards the stage. I hope he too does have the same feeling towards me. As I got my eyes to watch him, I came to know then only. 

No, I don't want this feeling… neither he shouldn't too. I can’t live being known that he’s the one whom I hated and loved so much. My eyes became watery, I tried my best to hold up but I couldn't, my tears flowed down my cheeks as my eyes met with his.  He was shocked to see me like that, he ended the speech and rushed over me.  

 I don't want him to stand by my side, so I ran through the exit. I shouted and cried out loud as I ran away from him. I hid from him and saw, he was worried sick, he looked everywhere for me but didn't shout out my name 'cos he doesn't know, but I knew his name… its 'Aron', the one who is the main guest or the author of the book 'Life' or should I say my book. It hurts, it hurts like hell when you know that your most loved is the one who backstabbed you. Yet I knew him only for some minutes, I fell in love with him so deeply. I can’t face him. I can’t bear to see that I will lose him in any way. 


 Why… Why does it have to be you?

        
I wandered around the streets as if I’m a lost puppy, actually… I was really lost in my mind and thoughts. I couldn’t believe what just happened. I couldn’t bring up that thing to anyone, I just don’t want to remember it, but it pops out in my head every time when I want to forget it. I just want to make it a dream. I want it to be a dream so badly that I could have him back. I am so selfish, but it can’t, it won’t work out in that way, I knew that already.

My tears flowed down my cheeks as I thought about this. When I was wiping my tears off from my face, I accidentally hit a man and fell down. 

He was a little bit large though he had a lovely eye which was in blue colour. He genuinely asked me: 

“Are you okay, miss?”

His voice was so soft and gentle which melted away my depression. I stared at him for like seconds and then came back to reality. He lent me his hand to get up. As I used his hand to get up, my stomach grumbled. He slightly laughed, I got up and said thanks formally and left. I felt so ashamed to make a scene like that in front of a stranger. I sighed. Today must be a very bad day for me. 

But he followed me and said sorry to me that it was rude to laugh. He also added that he'll treat me to dinner as he was about to get dinner too. I didn’t know why or how it ended up... but at last, I came to accompany him and agreed on his treat. We ate so much. 

It was so refreshing for me, I got my thoughts out of that party thing as soon as I chatted and hung out with this handsome man. 

I was feeling lively once again. We also came to know about each other. His name was Cron and he was the eldest son of their family. We chatted as we walked towards my home, he said he would leave me by my home. When we reached my home, he left by giving his number to me. 

When I came inside home, my friends rushed towards me and asked what happened. I said everything to them and smiled at them. Cialla asked me:

“Aren’t you worried?”

“No, why? Should I?”

“Well, in reality, you loved him but now... you’re showing a fake face to us for not being worried about you, am I right… or what?”

“You’re absolutely right but I was consoled by a handsome man, you don’t need to worry”

“Woah woah hold it right there… A handsome man?”

“What?”

“RENU, do you recognize that you had spent a half past midnight with that uhh… ‘A Handsome man’!”

“Don’t worry, he isn’t like that nor nothing happened”

“Seriously?”

“Damn, yeah”

“Then introduce me to him”

“Why would I?”

“Aww… See, I’m your bestie. I won’t snatch him away from you”

“That’s not what I meant!”

“Then, tomorrow at 10 a.m over the park”

“Wait...what?!”

She had already left before I could answer her.  

The thing is after Cron left, I was fully filled only with the thoughts of Cron. When I got up the next morning. I refreshed and picked up a gorgeous dress which was a shirt and pants. I was really urged to meet up with Cron. 

We, Cialla, Cron and I met up in the park. We had a normal chat and hung out. 

Suddenly Cialla had to go ‘cos of her work. We were left alone. We started to do the same thing as we were doing a minute ago with Cialla. It was already night. I had dinner with him and when I was about to go to my home, he held one of my hand and said:

“Renu….”

He hesitated to say it but then he brought himself the courage to say it again, I was slightly curious about what he was to say.

He split out the words really really quickly:

“Renu, please tonight alone stay with me. I’m a little afraid to stay alone ‘cos none of my parents and siblings are at home”


Oh! This is news. Big baby boys are afraid of nights. I just laughed at him loudly. I couldn’t bring myself to think that this big guy is afraid of the dark. I didn’t think that this is the thing he was gonna blurt it out on me. I couldn’t stop myself, I felt sorry for Cron as he sighed. Now I knew about him, so I agreed upon and slept on his bed as he slept on the couch. But I felt a little uncomfortable, it wasn't a little bit, it was really weird. Totally uncomfortable.

Then by the morning when I got up, I had a note left near me, it was from Cron. I searched him throughout his home. He wasn't here, I read the note.

“Dear Renu, 

                   Please make yourself at home, sorry I couldn’t leave you as I had a call from work. I hope you enjoyed yesterday. Also, I beg you not to tell anyone that I’m afraid or become childish when it comes to dark. Oh! I made some breakfast for you, it’s in the dining room. I had a lovely sleep yesterday because of you, thank you.”


I thought Such a lovely child, hmm.. But in what way did he mean that he had a lovely sleep ‘cos of me?!


Days passed as a leaf that fell down from a tree as smoothly and gently. I was happy and felt nice whenever Cron showed up, it was like as if I’m eagerly waiting for him every day, silly me but I do think it’s true one side and another side I think it may be my illusions only. 

Today I refreshed, put up a western formal dress with a flat black cut shoe and a ponytail. I went to work. 

While I was on break, Cron called me up. He said that he wants to meet up in the evening, and also added that it was important. In the evening, as I was waiting for Cron at a cafe, I read a message on my mobile which was from an unknown person. It said that, 

“You’re in great danger, you may also die because of the person who you’re going to meet up with now. You’ll understand this situation later if you leave now before he comes up or else... you’ll regret this whole thing which is going to happen forever, throughout your life. Please do believe me I’ll let you know who I am if you make it outside before he comes.” 

When I finished reading it, I felt goosebumps all over my body. I don’t know why I do wanna believe a passerby but I can feel in my heart that somehow I need to believe this person by any means of cost. I couldn’t help myself after a second when I had this thought but to get outside as soon as possible. But I never told anyone about this meeting, who is this? I wondered.

I went out and there was a message tone on my mobile. I saw, it was from the same unknown person I think so, it said:

“Good move, Miss Renu. Let’s meet up tomorrow at this very same cafe sharp by 10 in the morning.”

I gave a big sigh and left the cafe. While I was on the way to my home, I thought about how this person knew about me and today’s meeting with Cron and more importantly how did they know I got out in a second after I got out. Shit! I didn’t take a look in the cafe, only if I did. I could’ve known about this person. All of a sudden I heard someone calling over me from my behind, When I turned over there was none. It was pitch black, there were no lights on the path where I came by but the lights were lit up when I walked over there. I gulped and started to walk towards my home as if I hadn’t seen any weird scenes. 

When I entered the entrance gate of my home, I felt safe. I saw the shadow of a man in the garden. I was afraid to go near him but my body moved on its own, I was nearing him before I could think. 

The man slowly turned over me and I saw a familiar face, it was Cron. He looked worried, he set his eyes on mine and I couldn’t take my eyes off him, he was mesmerizing me. I took the bait, as he neared me and kept his palm on my cheek. He said in a low voice:

“Why? Don’t you believe me?”

I don’t understand myself either why can’t I believe you that's what I wanted to say but I spilt out the wrong words.

“I could never believe you”

Wait, what?! I didn’t say it, I felt like I was being forced to say it by someone. Or was it my mind conscious after that chat I had with the unknown number?! 

When he heard that from me, he took off his palm from my cheek and took a back step. He looked at me as he was hurt, his eyes were glowing, I thought it was glowing because of the bright shine of the moon but no, slightly his blue eyes slowly changed into red and it looked as if it was a flame. 

He looked piqued, I was scared to death when I saw him like that. I heard a stem cracking sound when I caught my eyes to his other hand where he was holding a white rose which looked so lovely and it was already plucked off before I came here, he broke the stem of that rose again and had his palms over his face.

He slowly started to walk towards me and handed over the rose to me as he took off his palms from his face. He looked gloomy, as I was about to take the flower, he let it down before I could get it. I just stared at him as he went by my side and said:

“Sorry for... interrupting into your life.”

What was that about? 

He left, I got inside the home and tried to get some sleep but I couldn’t, I was terrified to meet Cron again and the scenes with Cron today at the garden kept on repeating in my mind. I couldn’t get out of it. 

While I was thinking about it, I had a message from the same unknown person, it said:

“I think tomorrow is way too long to wait after the situation you had with Cron today at the garden. So, meet me up now in the garden. I’ll be waiting.”

I rushed over to the garden after the second I read it. I saw a person waiting. I think that person was in a hurry like me. 

When I got near, I recognized that it was a lady, she turned towards me and smiled as she took my hands in hers and said:

“You gotta believe me, I knew him very well than you, you must not get to know him ‘cause if you do... you’ll only get hurt. And I don’t want to see any more people get hurt. All I can do is to protect you by keeping you away from him” 

She was looking serious yet was hella gorgeous. She wore a beautiful silk nightgown. It was pure white in colour which suited her very well as it was made just for her. She looked lovely, compared to her I’m considered as nothing. 


I stood there without saying anything to the person who told me not to get mingled with Cron. She was none other than a stranger I thought before when I didn’t meet up with her. But never thought that she could be my very own and my most beloved best friend Cialla.


****************


CHAPTER - 2

I never knew that this thing could lead to even more complications. When I was about to ask her why she stopped me by speaking off first.

“I know it’s kinda messed up right now. But I can’t make you let walk on a dark path even by knowing about it and as well as knowing how it would make a heart into pieces. I just can’t bear to see you cry and all broken”

Her voice was almost like shattered and like she gave her hopes all down. I don’t know what happened between them but I now understand that I shouldn’t interfere anymore in this. 

She gradually let out all her energy by crying right on my shoulders. Never thought that a thing could make her so feeble, I thought she was such a bold and strong lady but everyone does have their very own minus points. I caressed her and made her sleep after bringing me back home.

Now I understand that I should give up on Cron but I never thought of him in a way like I saw and felt for him. Ah… what was his name again? 

I saw the time and went back to bed thinking that it's best not to think about him.

And the next day is woken up as usual. Nothing uncommon situations nor behaviour was seen. I knew she cared about me more than anyone and so did I go on with usual things. 

Once I found Cialla’s diary on the table, she was busy with her work so I was sure that she would be late today. And so I started to read her diary and that’s a very bad habit of mine. Well, who isn’t curious or interested to read other people's diaries, say huh!

And it has begun...

“I'm Cialla, Renu’s bestie, age 22. I'm a model. I love fashion and trends. I thought I would never have any person who is more special to me than Renu. Yet now I realised that I had one before Renu. 

It was during college days. I was about to attend the 2nd year. One day, when I was drinking a cup of coffee on my porch, I saw a man jog down the road. He was so damn perfect and fit. He was sweating yet he looked hot. Hmm… hot and sweat, that’s something I shouldn’t tell you about. 

I fell for him at that second. In college, I saw him, he was dressed normally but he was like ‘WOW’. I was excited to see him at my college and also in my class, he sat next to me. It's all coincidence but it's superb. I loved it. 

I would check up on him every minute, I couldn't help myself but the more I see him, the more I fell for him. He's such a lovely man.

He looked mature to me, in my eyes. I started to stare at him at every chance I had, even if it leads to an awkward situation. I loved to see him. 

Once we were partners in one of the college projects. I was so happy. We talked normally. We had small chit chats whenever we had time. We came to know each other. We became friends, then besties. I thought it's okay for being like this ‘cos if I tell about my feelings right now it would mess up our friendship. But I spelt it out, he was shocked to hear it and slightly laughed. He asked me to give some days to think about it.

I did give what he asked for. And a few days later he said ‘Yes’. And that’s the most perfect moment and lovable situation I had ever before throughout my life. 

We started to date. I would tell him every time that I love him and when I tell he'll blush. His reactions to my sweet words are such cute and adorable things. I would feel like my heart would burst out in happiness in any minute. I loved him that much, I cared for him. He was my very special person for whom I'll do anything. 

But… Thinking about it now makes me realise that things like this won't last forever. That happiness slowly turned into hatred. And now we parted away. I ran away from him and that's when I came to know about Renu and she became another special person in my life. I came out of my past gradually by spending time with Renu and Tim. They gave me that happiness again. I'm glad that I got friends like them. 

I thought no problem would pop up if life went on like this but no, it won't. I met him, the person who was once my lover. My ex-lover. I ignored him all the ways I could. But he was now trying to take my bestie away from me, that's what I thought. But no, he came in search of me. He wanna just use Renu to talk to me. 

If to let the past go away, Renu has to stay away. So, I gave information about ‘who really is Cron?’ I felt like a heavy load was lifted out from my head when I said about Cron to Renu. 

She looked surprised and also slightly depressed that I had never told her about him to her."


And that’s what has been written up by her. I gathered my courage and walked the path towards her place and knocked on the door. She said to come in. I walked in and kept that diary on her table, seeing that she was shocked. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it. I smirked at her and slowly sat on the nearby chair and asked her,

“If you loved him that much then why part away?”

“I came to know about his one big secret”

“What is it?”

“He… Nah, never mind. It's nothing.”

“Hmm… don't worry whatever you had with him is in the past now but I'll make it up to you guys again”

“Wait, what?”

“I'll help you, I won't fall for him... you don't have to worry” 

“Uh-huh…”

We started to laugh suddenly. I can clearly see through her eyes that she was shocked to hear those words from me but she looked happy. I smiled at her as she did to me. 

We gazed at the stars that night and felt the happy, warm feeling. I was regaining my memories, my happy moments with that person. I couldn’t help myself but think about him. 

The very next day, When Cialla came down to the hall. Tim and I were grinning at her. She smirked at us as she went beside us and there on the sofa, she saw him with her surprised and happy eyes on him as he sat. He looked as charming as he was usually and Cialla looks like she could melt away at any time. He looked at her and then she approached him.

Their eyes were locked as like ours when we met for the first time at the party. 

Cron said sorry through his lovely eyes, she smiled at him. He hugged her tightly. I can clearly get that she was totally and easily eased by his hug. 

He asked her with an expression that was obviously expecting a positive answer from her. 

“Would you accept me as I am?”

She just smiled at him and hugged him tightly even more and kissed him on his cheeks. 

His cheeks blushed. Tim and I looked at each other and laughed.

Then every one of us laughed. It was the happiest moment for me. 

After that day, we kept on nagging Cialla by questioning “what did he mean by ‘would you accept me as I am’”.

She totally ignored us. And somehow I understood that it's a secret between them. I don't want to mess up their relationship once again. I am happy with this itself. So, I went on silent. Yet it’s so bugging me. 


And one day, as usual, when I was about to go for my work. Suddenly I felt my heartbeat fast and I could feel some unusual feeling inside me like longing and happiness. My eyes went on searching for something around me as if it found a precious thing of mine after a long time. I was hyped up when my eyes found the person whom it wanted to find.

I saw Aron sitting inside a cake shop, he was really focused on his mobile. He was waiting for someone, somehow I could tell that. 

Rather than going to work, I walked into the cake shop. Somehow something like an invisible rope dragged me to him whenever I’m near to him as if it’s being tied within me and him.

I didn't want to see him but I couldn't help myself, I started to stare at him and I feel like I just wanna hold him tightly in my hands. I just gazed at his handsome face from a few tables away from him. I want him to hold, embrace and feel his warmth which would make me calm and feel secure and also want to remember his scent. My love for him will never die.

He was well dressed, looked so hot. His eyes were dazzling into his mobile. As I neared him, I saw his mobile as I passed his table. It was a message from someone who made him look like that. I wish I knew who it was but it doesn't bug me that much. I'm in my own way and he's too, so it doesn't...... yet it does, it bugs me more than anything. 

Again I'm going crazy over him. I’m insane. I was waiting in line to buy some cake. I took a glance at him as I was standing in the line. His face was so genuine, his hair looked soft, his eyes aww…, it's melting my heart. His lips were so pure and soft, I felt like I wanted to bite that sweet cherry lips. 

Holy shit! What was I thinking about? This place is too dangerous for me.

 Everything about him makes my heart race and these made me want him more and more than ever. It made me want him for me only and only. It also made me want to get closer to him as soon as possible before anyone catches him away from me. I want him… I wanted him to love me. As I felt these emotions, I gathered up my courage and walked towards his table.

I greeted him. He was surprised to see me. I sat right opposite him. He smiled at me as he rubbed off his hair. Damn, he looks good even if his hair is not done. He said:

“I never expected to see you ...again”

Again? ahh... it's awkward now. Is it that he doesn't want to see me or longed for me? I can't read him. Even though I smiled at him and continued the conversation.

“Why not?”

He frowned and said:

“It's just that...I thought...you're mad at me”

Ah! so, it was like this. I was really very happy inside but a woman never shows it up outside until he’s also into me. I said in a slow and strong voice,

“Oh! No, not at all”

He was once again surprised.

“Really?!”

I smiled and said:

“Yeah”

He looked relieved.

I saw the time on my mobile, it was already late for work. I gotta rush now. 

I looked at him as he looked at me. I smiled as he did. Without recognizing our hands were locked with each other. I could feel the warmth of his hands. It was like he also longed for me and wanted to feel me. Some electric feelings exchanged between us. This feeling, it was so nice. It made my blood rush up. Our eyes were in search of something in each of us. I could easily tell that he’s also feeling that burnt up feeling when any part of our body connects which I have right now. His eyes went all over my face and stopped at my lips and once again met up with my eyes. He sighed as if we did something. He slowly got my hands on his lips and embraced it gently without taking his eyes on me. I felt once again a heavy electric feeling in me. His eyes were looking so dark as if he wanted me now. My blood heated up.


But it didn't last long, we were interrupted by the waiter. And then I left him saying that I'll be late to my office. 

Now I know for sure that he feels the same way towards me too. I was damn happy. 

The next day, it was my day off. I was roaming around the town to shop. I saw Aron on the way, he said he was too free today. So, we hung out together. 

When we were about to cross the road, he held my hands tightly and walked along with me. And there was a situation where we must use the steps rather than the elevator. I got pissed off by that. We walked through it and when we were returning through the same way, I tripped myself and was about to fall down but he caught me. There was only a one-inch gap between us. My breath started to be heavy as his too. He slightly went on and touched my lips with his BUT we were interrupted by the people.


 But I wasn't very happy about it ‘cos we were repeatedly interrupted by someone after that, maybe his family or friend or even lover, I heard the voice... it was a GIRL’S which will be almost like my age. So, his lover? Once again I'm confused. Does he love me or not?

I was so disturbed by that girl, even after I reached home. I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I ended up thinking about her. 

Some days later, Aron texted me to meet up at a restaurant for dinner. 

Cialla said that it's for sure he’s asking me out, but I don't think so… yet I wanted that to be true so badly. 

I dressed so adorably at first but Cialla frowned at my choice of dress. She took a great chic dress and made me wear it. And then had some light makeup, then reached the restaurant he mentioned. 

When I saw him, I smiled at him. He was great looking in this shade of lighting in this restaurant. His eyes showed happiness when I came in. I felt relieved that he still felt something towards me but the sudden tragedy popped up... he was there with another girl. 

Sudden gloom all over me, my heart started to ache. I felt hurt. Though I brought myself to smile at her too. Aron said to me to take a seat. And I sat near him.

We ordered some food. It really took a long time for us to receive our food until then we thought about chatting but strangely there was only silence, an awkward silence. The girl who sat opposite to me was so damn great in the choice of dresses and the way she looked at Aron made my blood pulse up and wanted to break her off into pieces and say that ‘He’s Mine. Back Off.’ But of course I couldn’t and I won’t. To break off that awkward silence, the girl spoke up by introducing her. 

“By the way I'm Lorelei” 

“Renu. Nice to meet you”

“Me too”

She smiled at me. She was gorgeous. When compared to me, she was the damn beauty. Of course! Aron would choose her. But...Nah! This thing is over. I am doomed forever now.

She said:

“Aron said many things about you”

I glanced over Aron, while they both smiled at each other. I felt like I was the third wheel. I regretted the idea of coming over here.  

Aron said in a humble voice:

“Do you wanna know why I invited you here”

I gave a weak smile as I said:

“Of course”

Hearing my answer, the girl, Lorelei was eager to say why I was here. She started to say:

“Very good. Now time to face some facts. I'm Aron’s…"


****************


CHAPTER - 3


“Very good. Now time to face some facts. I've been Aron's closest friend from childhood days. I knew everything about him and every situation that happens around him too. He never misses anything to tell me. And as you know that… I know everything, I also meant that I knew about the issues you had with your book…. I'm sorry”

“It's okay” 

I was such a stupid to think like she is someone who is special to him but.....she is, I think so. The way she gave me a smile was so assured that she isn't that kind of girl. I was relieved. After we had finished dinner, Aron went to the restroom. We were alone, there was an awkward silence only, which was also added with an awkward smiley face facing each other. Some seconds later, Lorelei got up and came near me and whispered in my ear:

 “Don't you dare to try anything on Aron, he’s mine. He belongs to me only. Got that”

These words and the way she said it gave me goosebumps. Her eyes turned red. She gave me another glare and went back to her seat. I'm terribly shocked to hear that from her. She was just the opposite of my thoughts. 

A few minutes later Aron came up. We left the restaurant and then we travelled halfway through Aron’s car but suddenly the fuel became empty. So, we walked some distance. And at some point, Lorelei had to go in another way, so she asked him to accompany her but he refused indirectly and went on with me. She gave me a killing glare and went on.

It was almost late at night, the moonlight gave us the brightness for some paths where there weren't the street lights on. The cold breeze made me shiver, but I loved it. Suddenly there was warmth around me than a cold breeze when I turned around, Aron was giving off his jacket to me. I smirked at him. He didn't even notice me, he just walked along with me. 

Some thoughts crossed my mind, like, What if I have this feeling towards him isn't love but a friendship caring. I'm totally messed up. I'm confused by my very own actions. I don't know whether I love him or not or I see him as a friend only. I don't even know whether I could even love him. What if this feeling I have towards him is just a crazy love that I can't even handle. 

Of course, it would be that only. I'm just crazy over him… No wait, I’m insane about him. The times when I'm alone and think about him or if I am near him it makes my heart race faster than normal and urges me to touch him but I hesitate it and move on. 

What if he doesn't like it? What if he doesn't see me in the way I see him? What if he hates me after I say these things? What if he gets angry over me? What if he never will speak to me if I say this? 

Uhh...I don't want him to hate me or leave me. I want him by my side even if it’s just a friendship, I can adjust. 

I shut my eyes when I thought of these. 

“Renu, hey… are you alright?”

Hmm...its Aron’s voice. When I opened my eyes, he was so close to me. His palms on my cheeks. I can feel his breath, too close. Oh! No, so damn close. He was staring at my eyes, as I'm too at his eyes. We're alone in a lonely street, the street lights are on. He took up another step closer towards me. ‘No, not this much closer. Don't come near’ I thought. But my thoughts didn't reach him out neither did I want to reach out to him. I wanted him so badly to touch me so that I could feel him.

 He slightly opened his mouth, he was about to say something but he hesitated. He ran his fingers through my hair. He did it so smoothly, I loved it. It made me want him to do it again and again. Then he slowly and gently kissed my forehead and smiled at me. The smile he gave me was so mesmerizing, I once again fell for him. Damn, I love him so much that I won't let him go away from me. He came near to me and whispered in my ear:

 “Never, ever leave me again. I can't stand you leaving me. Promise me”

I nodded. He licked his lips slowly and pulled me towards him closer and closer until I could hear and feel his breath as well as his heartbeat. His heart races as fast as mine. Gradually I put on my hands over his head and my fingers gently rubbed his hair as he kissed me deeply and for longer. It was the best moment I’ve had so far. 

Some seconds after we were so embarrassed and ended up walking again. This time, he was ahead of me. 

I felt so far away from him now but just a few minutes earlier he was just too close from which I can feel his warm breath. This day is so precious to me. 

He left me by the gate. When I got inside, I saw someone closer to my room. It was Tim. He was standing by my room door with his left hand covering up half of his face. 

When he came to know about me reaching to him, he was surprised. He smiled at me. And then left up space for me to enter my room. I laughed at him as I said: 

“Are you alright? You're acting strange”

He gave me a reaction like ‘Do I?’ but he replied as: 

“Nah, I'm cool”

I smirked as I asked him 

“Really?”

He said as he was smiling, 

“Yeah”

We smiled at each other. We gazed at each other’s eyes, his eyes were lovely. He would say every time that I have an attractive eye. Now I think Aron’s eyes are the real one which is an attractive one and the most addictive eyes too. As I was thinking about it, I slightly lowered my eyes from his eyes, and then when I looked up.  

He was as close to me as Aron. He slowly put his palms over my cheeks. I was surprised to see Tim like this. His eyes were searching for something in my soul. Seeking an answer for what he wanted from me. He came an inch closer and tried to kiss me. I was shocked by his move. He was moving closer than before.

It's not right. So, I pushed him right away. He became sad. I said to him, ‘I can't do this’ through my eyes. He avoided my eyes and left. 

I crawled up with my bedsheet. I messed up tonight. I was lost in my thoughts. I couldn't find a way to get out of my thoughts. I don't know anymore what to do after this. I didn't think Tim would still have feelings for me. Or is it only me that thinks he was strange like he cares for me more than a friendship.

Our love, me and Tim wasn't right and true but what if it’s true and right? I don't know, but what I had was a smoking hot feeling towards him.

Yep, I had a relationship with Tim, though now we have understood each other that we won’t meddle up in that thing again he did it.

Our relationship started when I was studying in high school. That’s when I met Tim Rander. We both were new to that school. 

He was an expert in sports as well as in studies. He looked so hot, cute and admirable. He was our leader and as well as our role model. As for girls, he was the hottie pie that each girl longed for and the same goes for me too. But I left that thought gradually ‘cos I didn't wanna get into trouble, as well as I started to see him as a friend rather than someone whom I used to see as. 


Days passed, Tim became one of the closest friends of mine. He and I always roam together, share movies or songs or whatever to each other. We seemed to get together as nice as friends but nothing more than that. I loved those funny moments that I had with him. Can't forget those times. It was a lovely time. 

Our friendship never broke. We entered the same college and there we got a new bestie, it’s Cialla. We were the three besties and most crazy people throughout the college. 

But slowly Tim gave a gap between me and him. I felt so weird on those days, he treated me like a third person, though he treated Cialla normally. I waited for that normal treat from Tim but it didn't end well. While I was so confused with these things… he actually approached me and proposed to me, Woah! That was too much for me to carry. I couldn't bring myself seeing him in that way.

 At last, I said to him to just be friends. He smiled at me but that smile wasn't warm anymore, it was a gloomy smile or a fake smile. I could see him through. 

Weeks passed, Tim never changed. He was the same as gloom as every day. I began to worry about him. I couldn't leave him all alone in that dark rather I would take him with me but he won't accompany me. Then...the only way of getting him excited is to say but it's not right. It was no true feeling but in order to make him happy I gotta do something which is not good for me yet I will do it. 

The next day, the news spread so quickly that we, Tim and I became one, a couple. He loved me and I cared for him but not loved. I always end up caring for him. He is like a child. Gradually the way he treated, spoke, hugged, kissed... everything that he made towards me made me tingle, smile and excited every moment. 

I started to fall in love with him. I fell deeply in love with him. I didn't want him to go anywhere which would be far away from me. I didn't want to make his heart shatter or break. I want to treasure him and keep him safe and happy. 

Our love was going smoothly, suddenly there she entered, she collapsed everything and snatched Tim away from me. She is known as Tia. She took Tim by saying crazy things about me but first he didn't believe it. Soon she manipulated him, turning against me. 

We broke up. I thought of his heart not to break or scatter but he broke mine and scatter into pieces. I was so naive. I didn't think of myself. 

After that, we never spoke. Cialla tried her best to clear the mess but I told her not to anymore. 

I reacted as it was nothing to me but deep inside in my heart it was so dark. 

Three months later, Tia left. She didn't even return. Tim never was sad or gloomy when she went off rather he was so damn happy. I never knew a character like this from him. 

I was more disappointed, what if he was so happy when he broke up with me too. Is it just a lie? Is it just a play? Is it not true?... I don't care anymore about anyone nor I don't wanna. But what if it was just a misunderstanding, I thought. Yet then, I'm gonna stop this messing heart of mine and make it normal and live as I wanted, I won't change anymore nor ever love again. 

I took these decisions yet I ended up now with a two-person coming over me. And as well as my heart is once again messed up. I don't know with whom I'll end up or leave. I care for both of them. I would feel so sad if I leave anyone but I gotta choose any ONE.  But that's impossible. I can't do it. What if I say no to both, but I reacted towards Aron as I do love him. He already knew it. But not Tim. I closed my eyes and fell into deep thought.

 I need to follow my heart, whom I really love? For whom do I care a lot?...... similar to these questions and thoughts were swirling around my mind and after a few minutes I got a clear answer.

It's none other but… “ARON”, I spelt out that word without my knowledge. When I heard that name I was happy. I had some tingling feelings too. Something was different and it was nice. And that is how love feels, it just can't be said in words but can be felt. 

***********

The man near me who is the groom wore a magnificent dress and as for me, the bride, I  wore a dazzling dress which is in pure white colour. I noticed shortly that we have already exchanged rings, we saw each other and he smiled at me. And only then I’ve realized that it’s an engagement between me and the man. But the question is, Who is ‘HE’?

When I took a peek at him for once again, there was no face, wait… WHAT?! 

Suddenly my lovely dress turned into blood-red colour and when I looked at the people gathered, they were all dead. And my hands were covered with blood. The groom neared me and smiled at me as he said “I'll come for you” with his palm in my cheek.

His palm was as ice as cold. I was unable to breathe… I’m suffocated. He took my left-hand wrist and pulled me towards him. I fell on him. 

He brought my hair on one side and he kissed me on my right side of the neck. My blood rushed… it was hot as hell. I was becoming unconscious as he said, “Don’t worry, I’ll find you no matter what as long as you’re with my mark on you.”

Then… I slipped off my bed. It was a dream. Woah! What a nasty dream! 

I refreshed up and went to work. While returning home I met up with Tim while he was about to go outside. He invited me to his family function. I glared at him, he smiled at me as usual as he did and went. 

Now I'm the one being confused, just what is his motive?

I sighed and went home with a clean and fresh mind by forgetting it. But when I was about to go to bed it popped out, my dream. Once again I couldn't have a nice sleep. 

The next day, I got ready and wore my traditional dress, a saree. It was red in colour along with gold jhumka earrings and a medium-sized gold chain with a small dollar, wore the hair as one plait and kept a small black bindi and kept kajal, eyeliner. 

I went to his home and attended the function. His mom is very caring and loving. I love her so much. When she saw me, she was overjoyed and greeted me as she said that I was damn beautiful. I smiled at her as she looked around for Tim. She just neared me more than she was and whispered in my ear, 

“He is still in his room, not yet ready. He'll be here soon, don't worry”

She smirked at me, I think she misunderstands us. I just don't know what to say because I don't want to make her smile go away in this function so I left. When I searched for Tim, he came back on the other side of me and scared the hell out of me. He laughed at me. A few minutes later he stared at me. I smiled at him and asked:

“what?”

He smirked and said 

“Nothing, just… you look lovely”

“Thanks?”

He smiled and pulled me over him and hugged. He held me tightly so that I couldn't get off. The warmth of his body was feeling good, it was somehow consoling me. 

‘ARON’... No, I shouldn't. This ain’t right. So did I push me away from Tim and entered the room where everyone was gathered and celebrating the function. I knew that I still care for him but I shouldn't do this. I can't be doing this while I have Aron in my heart.

 Suddenly, a voice-over came to my mind, which said: “Do you really have Aron in your heart?”

I thought once again and again I'm lost in my thoughts. I'm over. I thought it was Aron but why do I feel like this towards Tim too. I don't understand myself either. 

I'm messed up. I can't make a decision correctly. After the function was over, I went home and told Cialla right away what was happening to me and asked how to make a decision.

For a few minutes she was thinking and then she spoke:

“Tell me honestly, whom would you choose if I gave you, friend or love. Don't rush... think and tell”

I thought about it, if I pick love I'll have only one person and that person is the one to be depended on. But if I pick friends, I can enjoy the way I want and have many more and many people will care for me and can be depended upon. 

“Friend of course”, I said.

She smiled and said:

“Good. So, you pick us”

“Excuse me, ‘Us?’”

“Yeah, me and Tim”

“So, then are you telling me to pick... Tim?!”

“That's not dear. I tell you to pick through your heart, not through your mind, as you answered me now honestly with your heart” She said it and winked at me.

“Hmm…”

“Well, will you introduce me to Aron?”

“I'll… just be patience”

She smiled and then we chatted for hours.

The next day I told Aron to come over to my home and introduced him to my friends. She was amazed by my selection, I thought. But after he was gone she became sad and gloomy. I asked what's the matter, she replied to me saying that Aron is no good for me and advised me to stay away from him. 


I was like ‘say what?!’ 


****************

CHAPTER - 4

P.O.V - ARON

“This won't work, we can't keep going on like this, I am sorry” 

I said in a sweet and calm voice, which made her, the girl who sat opposite to me, wipe her tears and smile at me. She was now okay. She smiled at me and left, leaving me all alone in the cafe. 

When she was left, my friend showed up and asked:

“Why did you let her go? She's like a hell gorgeous, dude”

I took a look at my friend and said:

“You can have her if you want”

My friend was shocked to hear that from me but that’s what I say commonly. 

“Dude, it's not right. She's yours”

“Not anymore”

I know that my friend must be feeling sorry for that girl. 

“why? what did she do?”

I smiled at him and said:

“Yeah, yeah... you're right, she's damn gorgeous and as well as she has a damn boring character”

Right now he looked as if I had pissed him off.

“So, now what? You just jump off to someone, again?”

“Of course! Till I find my one, I won't stop”

I said as I gave him a smile.

“But it's harsh and you hurt them” 

“I knew that but I don't have a choice… I swear I won't ask them out, not even a single time but they all did and fell-”

“-into your trap”

“Ahh… come on man, it's not my fault that they fall for me”

“But... shouldn't you give a thought about treating them good?”

“Okay, okay I'll. It's time for me to go. Catch up with you later”

“Hmph”

I left the cafe and started to walk towards a library. 

While I was returning the book I saw her and fell for her at that second. My heart froze the second I saw her. My heart was thumping faster than ever. I was more active than ever. Her eyes were so like a drug to me and her eyelashes it was so beautiful, which made her even pretty. 

I followed her into the library and when she slipped down a book of hers, I took and gave her. She was so attractive. She smiled as she thanked me. I was totally melted by her smile.

As she left the library, I followed her. She knew that I was following her, though she smiled and let me follow. At last, she ended up in a mall. She invited me to shop with her. I was pleased to accompany her. 

Gradually we started to chat, meet outside, go out together and some days after… we started to date. 

We loved each other. I loved her the most than any other girl I’ve so far dated. I loved her character and every reaction. But I never came to know whether she loved me really, ‘cos sometimes when I say to show her love towards me she just changes the subject. She's not shy. 

She's just hiding something from me. 

I came to know that I wasn't the only one who she had loved but she gave her love to many people at the same time. I didn't like it.

 I scolded her to stop those and get engaged to me but she refused. 

She said,
“I'll never stop it until I get a clear understanding of love and until I find the one for me. This won't work out between us… let's break up”

“Tia, is this really you?”

“You know me very well, I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry, Aron. We should split up”

I was more shocked to hear this and felt like my heart's broken into pieces. I dared to smirk at her and leave from there. I now understand the feelings of every girl that I had dated, how I had hurt them badly.

I realized my mistake though once again I started to date various girls. 

I’m such a playboy. I never know what I want for sure. I just want someone who will love as I’m.

This has happened to me while I was at college holidays. 

I met Cialla when I went to work. There I was the manager and she was the model. But I desired to write. I was doing this to maintain finance. 

As you know, I am a playboy who never tried hard to get a girl to look at me. So, yeah I did get attention from most of the models and went out, dated and split. 

But Cialla never looked at me. But I didn't give up, I tried my best to get attention from her but never once worked. So I left her.  

I then got a chance to write. I wrote and made a call to my publisher who is very close to my family.

The phone rang for a few minutes, then only the opposite person picked it up.

"Hello"              

"Yano sir?" , I asked without waiting for a minute.          

"Oh! It's you, Aron. Hmm...let me see, you wanna give it another shot to publish it right?"

"Yes, an-"          

"That's not gonna happen and also I have lots of work to do"

"Please Yano, please"             

"Okay, fine. Last chance, see the mail I sent you. If you're okay with that, then we can continue"         

I looked into my mail and gulped as I read it.             

"Well, what do you say?" , Yano asked from the other side of the phone.       

For some minutes there was only silence. Yano got pissed off, so when he was about to hang up, I said in a strong voice though I didn’t wanna say that to him.  

"I'll sign it"        

"Good. Well as you're being welcomed to a Pre-book publishing party, don't mess it up ‘cause you're the one who’s gonna be the main guest… Then we'll see in a few days"

"Yeah see you soon"  

But unfortunately, the book I signed for was Renu’s book, the real person who wrote it. I looked up at her data and smirked at the photo of her. I planned to meet her but coincidentally we met the day before the book was about to release, though it was a pre-publishing only. 

When we chatted, I felt my heart at ease and comfortable around her. I didn't have this kind of feeling ever towards any girl. I didn't know what to call it. 

The next day when she left me at the party, I thought that it was the end. But once again she showed up and surprised me. 

So, now I’m not ready to leave her or let her go. I started to take steps to make her mine. When I was with her, slowly my feelings towards her changed into caring. And I fell for her. I really love her now.  I felt my heartbeat fast while I’m with her. I became happy the moment when I saw her whenever I felt worse. 

I think not to give her away to anyone. No matter what happens, I want to be the one who she wishes to be with. I just want to be with her until our last breath. 

****************



CHAPTER - 5


P.O.V - RENU

After hearing from my bestie, Cialla about Aron. I was shocked as well as totally depressed. I couldn't make myself focus on one thing, I was distracted for every moment. I couldn't just forget about it. 

I knew that Cialla won't lie ‘cos she was my only true friend since college and I trust her, she cares for me so much. But… something stopped me from believing her.

 I don't know what it was but some feeling just stopped me from totally trusting her words about Aron alone. I thought about it and decided from tomorrow I'm gonna keep an eye on Aron myself and find out the truth. 
 
Never hoped that I would end up in these situations. Such as stalking someone. I saw Aron talking to a woman near a shop. She was totally awesome. She looked so fit, cute and beautiful. They just kept on talking for some minutes and then she left. Aron caught my eyes watching him. I was seen.

 Oh! no, not now. I need to investigate more about him. 

Aron came towards me and asked what I was doing here. I just said that I was passing by and coincidently saw him. But he didn't believe me, I could tell it in his eyes. He smirked and said, 

“Were you stalking me?”

“No! Hell no!”

He smiled and whispered in my ear,

“There's no way I would go over any other woman when I have you here beside me”

I was so surprised by those words and also at the same time I was so happy. It felt like I wanted to hear those words only. In his words, it seemed like he was telling me the truth. 

I smirked and said,

“Never?”

“Ever.  Also, I think you just heard from your friend, Cialla that... I'm a playboy”

“Yeah… about that-”

“Hush… I won't do that anymore ‘cos I have changed and changed for you only, I need you. Only you”

“I… I”

“No need to answer now itself. Take your time”

And then he left. I was happy. But at the same time, I was so confused and also couldn't bring myself totally to believe him but he itself said so that he won't do it anymore. 

So did he was a playboy but what's the guarantee for me to believe in him for not leaving me alone. I can't make a decision. I can't believe him. 

But as well as I want him to be on my side alone and love me only. Is he real? Is he truly in love with me?

I tried to call Cialla but she didn’t pick it up. So, I went to her place.

***********

"Cialla!!"

"Coming up"         

"IT’S TIME. Get here already"           

"Will be there in a minute"

When Cialla showed up, everyone was looking over her only. She posed very well, with her perfectly curved body and her skills of modelling. That's why she can with-hold  ‘A Perfect Model’  name all over. When she returned to her dressing room, I followed her. She saw her mobile which was on top of the table. There must be 3 missed calls from me, she smiled at it and called me. But I stopped her and smiled with rosy cheeks and pleading eyes.               

"Hey, what’s the matter that made you come over to my place itself?"              

"Cialla… I think I messed up"  

I lowered my eyes and I sounded funny like I am gonna get kicked out if I say about it to her. She clearly knew about whom I’m talking about. 

"You don't sound good, is this about him?"               

"Yeah...”            

She just stared at me and sighed as if I am a huge pain for her.
               
"I can’t talk to you right now. I am busy. So, maybe after work”

“Fine by me”

I smiled at her brightly and she rolled her eyes at me and went to work.

After that, I waited a long time for Cialla. Then she showed up at home, at last. 

I rushed over to her but she stopped me and went to her room to refresh. After refreshing, she came up to me and asked. I said everything to her. She just kept on thinking for a few minutes and then she said,

“What do you really think about him?”

Cialla asked me as she glared at me without even a blink.

“What?”

I couldn't understand her correctly at that time. So, asked her once again with one of my eyebrows uplifted. 

“Such as, do you truly believe that you know him for sure. Can you understand him or see through his words?”

She explained clearly to me as she looked into my eyes, which felt to me like she saw through me, my words.

“I think so”

I said as I looked at her in a confused view. 

“Don't… say it clearly”

She said it so hard that it made me a little bit nervous and spit out of my mouth. 

“I… yes, I do know him”

She smiled at me as she had the answer from me from my heart.

“There, you have your answer”

She smirked as she said it.

“What? How?”

I was more confused. And then she elaborately said that,

“You still love him. You don't care whether he is a  playboy but you will surely make him look over you. I know you would do as you’re more beautiful than myself”

“Ah… thank you”

I was totally surprised by her words at first but after that, I began to realize that I'm really in love with him still.

Cialla asked me with a smirk on her face,

“So, you chose whom?”

I smiled and said in a soft voice,

“Him, of course”

She relaxed on the bed and sighed as she said,

“I wish I had something like this in my life. Ahhh… you're so damn lucky. I despise you”

I laughed at her. 

As I was about to head to bed, I saw the night sky which looked so lovely.

After that day, I accepted Aron’s proposal. 

And then it all started, the suspicious act of Aron. Though I said to Aron that I'm only friends with Tim he didn't believe me; rather he just suspected me each and every day which made me so damn unhappy as well as uncomfortable around him. He was such a control freak, though I know that he cares for me and does like this because he loves so much yet I wanted him to show his affection in some other way. I wish that could happen but Nah! I think that’s too much to wish for.

He made me think as I had chosen the wrong one. In the tension towards him, I rejected his every call and stopped hanging out with him.

One day, he called me up but I didn't answer him. Cialla came up and attended it. She gave me the mob after a few seconds. I crossed my hands as a no. But she insisted on it. So I picked it up and spoke to him.

He said in a sad voice,

“Please, Renu I'm sorry, for everything. Give me one last chance”

I didn’t dare to say anything to him. 

“Don't kill me with your silence”

“I'll give you just one last chance”

Whatever or however the situation may be, I end up again rejoining with him ‘cos I love him that much but why doesn't he understand it, I thought as I pouted. 

The very next day Aron called me up and asked me gently to come over to a party which melted my heart.

The way he said and approached me and woah! he looked so handsome, the same as hella hot. 

That night, I wore a Cold Shoulder Asymmetric Red Dress along with Misto Vagon Red high heels. I had my hair curly up and down do.

I hoped that everything would be alright and as I thought it went well. 

Aron asked me to dance with him. I said ok and went with him.

We danced gracefully. Everyone was watching us only, for some time and then they continued to dance with their own partners. We were the best couple and also cutest or should I say hottest of them all.

While we were dancing. Aron put his hands over my hips as I put my hands over his shoulder. 

Suddenly, Aron slowly held his hand over my hip slightly tight and got me closer towards him. I was surprised. 

He slowly neared me. There was only an inch left between us. I could feel his warm breath and his heart was thumping faster than ever the same as mine. I looked at him as he too.

Our eyes locked on each other’s eyes. We saw each other for a few seconds and then the first step to losing that inch between us was made by him. 

He was about to kiss me. I slowly closed my eyes and waited for him to reach out to me.

I want it to be over before I open my eyes.

I slowly opened my eyes and when I saw, I felt his lips on my lips. 

I once again fell in love over him, the way he pressed his lips on mine, it was as soft as a feather which made me close my eyes once again and give in to it.

My heart was thumping so damn fast and as well as I felt like I was heated up. He was gentle. I loved it. This feeling was something I couldn't express anytime to anyone. It can't be said in words, rather it can be felt. 

Slowly he took his lips towards my forehead. I could feel my cheeks burn as he placed his soft lips on my forehead. 

And then when I turned my head to the left, he pressed his lips on my right lower collar bone. As I brushed his hair smoothly, he brought his head to mine. We smiled as for now I took the step. 

I brushed my lips on his. His lips motioned to me saying that it was good.

I blushed.

It was so amazing. I'm crazy over him. The way he smiles, the way he lends me anything, the way he says, the way he is gentle and slow and steady, ah… I just love it. I love him totally. He mesmerized me. 

He asked me as we were dancing, 

“You wanna take a break?”

I said straightly looking into his eyes,

“I think so”

We occupied two chairs as we ordered two glasses of drinks.

The next day when I woke up, I felt as if someone's on my bed. When I looked up, I saw someone cuddled with the whole bedsheet. 

I slightly had a heart attack for a moment but it was long gone after I recognized the person. It was not him but her, Cialla. I felt depressed to see her and as if  I missed the chance.

I woke her up and then she said that I came by late at night with Aron. And Aron left me here as he was going to his home. 

I was surprised as well as totally overjoyed. 

Yesterday I had so much fun. 

Once Cialla, Tim and I were invited to a function by Cron. At first, we didn’t want to go. But ended up going anyway. 

The way Cialla warned us about being careful in there made us so suspicious.

Cialla went on with Cron leaving Tim and me alone. We entered their function together.

Since it was a black dress code, I wore a 50's fold-over Bardot Flare Lace dress and of course, it was black. 

It was a night function on the day where the moon won’t be seen. And I never imagined that I would meet the girl I hate the most as well as who gives me creeps here.

Tim managed to intrude my thoughts asking,

“Who is she?”

I said in a despise,

“She is Lorelei”

“I see, you’ve never mentioned about her”

“I should have but I didn’t… Since she was just a long close friend”

“To Aron?”

“Yes”

“Guess again right. Didn’t you invite him?”

“No”

“Why not?”

“I think we’ve to continue this conversation sometime later” 

I said as Lorelei saw me and smiled as she gestured to me to follow her.

When I followed her to a room, a man gave me a glass of drink and went away. As I entered the room, she closed it.

I turned over to see her. 

Her eyes were ocean blue, it wasn’t red. In fact, her eyes were attractive.

She sat on one of the chairs and me too.

She had a sip of her drink and watched me as she spoke,

“Why are you here?”

“I was invited”

“Who are you kidding!”

“By Cron”

“So… Cialla, your friend?”

“Yeah” 

I said as I took a sip from my drink. Eww… it is gross.

She laughed as she said

“These drinks aren’t for you guys. It is not good for you to drink your own things right?”

“What?”

I was puzzled.

There was a knock on the door. It was someone she knew, seemed to be very close.

She turned around and smiled at me as she excused herself from here.

I saw throughout the room, it seemed to be her room. It was clean and tidy. Neat. While I checked on towards the bookshelf, I saw a unique book wrapped. It got my eyes. And so I took it and found that it was Lorelei’s diary. 

As I gave a skim reading I heard a knock on the door. I was startled which made me lose the grip of the book. The door opened and it was Tim.

“Phew! You scared me”

“Sorry”

“How do you know I was here?” 

I asked him as I picked up the book.

“Followed you guys”

“Great. We have to get back before anyone comes in”

“Woah! Are you gonna steal it?”

“NO! I’m just borrowing it. Jeez…”

I said as I left the room and he followed me.

“You know that everyone has learned so far that taking others things without their concern is just like stealing”

“Ugh… could you just drop it!”

We let Cialla know through the mobile that we’ve left the function before her.

As we entered our home, Tim went straight to bed. 

As for me, I read the diary for the whole night….

“I, Lorelei wasn’t born as a normal human. From my childhood days I had a best friend whose name is Aron, he is a pure human and still, we're friends. As I fell in love at first sight in my 19 years, towards a boy who is so damn handsome and that guy happens to be the same as my childhood friend, Aron. Yes, I fell in love with Aron. I cherished our moments from my childhood and always admired him a lot. I couldn't bring myself to give him away to anyone. I just want him only and one. 

Once I faced a severe fever. On that day Aron didn't even care to show up.

The next day when I woke up, I was surprised to see a tattoo on my neck which was in black in colour and it was a design using the alphabet ‘V’. Though it was a little scary to find a tattoo suddenly, I liked it so much. And also have heard from the old ones saying ‘its time when they acquire the V’.

So, basically, it's time for me too…”

When I read those letters I feared that my blur was being cleared and what am about to see may not be that nice. 

****************



CHAPTER - 6

I continued to read the diary of hers as I couldn’t keep myself away from it.

“... Then one day the tattoo started to change its colour into red. And I also started to have a weird size of teeth, suddenly my eyes will glow as blood-red in colour. I don’t know why it happened but it was cool.

Though these things made me a little afraid of myself and couldn't believe that it was ME, I started to love it. My skin started to change in a pale white colour as there is no blood or health. 

I just ignored it as it was nothing. But there was hunger which made me urge to suck some fresh blood which happens to be in a human only. 

Whenever I smell a nice and good smell of the blood of anyone, I just follow them and hypnotize, gradually suck their blood out. After drinking or satisfying my hunger only I will come to sense that I had committed a crime. I’ll just hide it, the body if they're dead, otherwise, I'll just erase this situation from their minds and move on. 

I hid this truth from Aron and from everyone who is considered as humans. And then, when I became 22 years old, my parents engaged me to a man named Wray. He was the younger brother of Cron’s. 

He was looking handsome too. But for my eyes, only Aron was handsome. I did even say these to Wray. He didn't say anything, he just stood in silence. Then one day there was a party which was kept by Cron’s family. 

I didn't like that party, so I just showed everyone straightforwardly that I’m totally not into this party. Suddenly Cron held my hand so tightly and said,

“Don't do this, you're embarrassing your family”

He said it with a pique.

I just shook off his hand and then said with a low voice to him,

“Okay, I'll not”

He stared at me for a few minutes and then left.

The party went on well.

One day I proposed to Aron. Wray saw this scenario. Wray became sad and went home. 

I was expecting a positive answer from Aron but after hearing his answer, I smiled with sympathy and left. 

When I came home with tears, Wray couldn't stand it. So, he just comforted me. Now I came to know the true feelings of Wray’s towards me was infinity. I loved it. I hugged him tightly and felt his warmth as I started to believe that he'll keep me safe and sound. I cried as I thought of me being such an asshole to get love from Aron which I'll never get as I kept a person right beside me who gives a lot of love even when I say it's enough. 

Days passed. Then one day, Cron said to me before Wray came up,

“Please do recognize Wray’s love towards you and then you'll never go after another man”

I just smiled at him and said,

“I knew that already. Don't worry, I'll keep him happy forever. I won't go after anyone ‘cos I have Wray”

Cron smiled and left as Wray entered.

Wray held my hands softly and dragged me gently outside and showed the lovely full moon. I said to him facing his face and as well as looking directly into his eyes with a smile,

“I love it so much but… I think I love the person who stands before me holding my hands genuinely… more than everything throughout the world. I love him, I love YOU.”

He just blushed after hearing those words from me and smiled at me as he grabbed me closer to him by my waist. As I smirked at him, he kissed me passionately.

It was great, the way he presses his lips onto mine as he does a thing in his hands on my waist made me leave a moan.

He stopped. Together we saw the full moon, slowly our eyes started to glow in a dark red colour, as we were both from vampire families. He kissed my forehead and then we started to walk off inside our home. 

After a few days, we had some vision which made us shiver. I had a vision of Renu who is going to face a big problem and that problem will be caused by some big man who is also a vampire and Wray had a vision of that same man abducting Renu and as well as trying to acquire something he shouldn't.

And that big man’s name is Nick”


I got goosebumps after reading this. I just closed it and tried to get some sleep. 

I avoided reading the diary of Lorelei’s.

And oh! I broke up with Aron a few months ago, it’s clearly a misunderstanding but I tried my best to get us together again but he didn't want me. So, I gave up on him. 

I'm fed up with his games, no more love. I'm single and free forever. 

While on those days I had created a superb story content and wrote it within two and a half years. And also found a publisher and published the book, it was a super hit. 

I was invited to a grand party. 

There I saw Aron, he was wearing a suit. He wasn't that much nice though he's surrounded by many girls. When I was watching him, he looked at me and tried to reach out to me but I just avoided him and went off in my way after the party was over. 

On that night, I had so many messages from an unknown number which happens to be Aron. I didn't reply. He wanted to speak to me in person to explain everything. I thought, now only he got his senses to say about it but I don't have any more time to waste around him, so I just blocked him off. 

I couldn't sleep that night so well. I just stared at the night lamp. Switched on and off, Switched on and off, and once more again for some minutes I did the same thing. 

Some minutes later Tim entered the room as he saw the lights on and off repeatedly.

I saw him but didn’t stop it. He got it away from me. I stared at it. He sat beside me. He even tried to console me. 

I didn’t know I was crying until a drop of tear fell on my lap.

(sniffing) "It's never gonna be alright. Everything just keeps on falling apart from me" 

"Shh... don’t think like that. Everything will be alright soon"     

 (clears throat) "It's just the opposite of every word YOU say"

"Just ugh… forget HIM then"          

"You do know I can't. I can’t do that. I can’t bring myself to do that even if he said so"        

 "Eventually you will, I believe in you, you'll Change… for your best"          

"Thank you... for trusting in me. But Tim... I don't believe in myself"        

There was a sudden silence, I broke the silence by saying,           

"But I won't let you down, your faith in me. So, you don't have to worry about me. I'll change as you said... eventually"          

“Touché..”
            
Tim smiled at me, it was a weak smile yet I knew he was trying his best to let me feel up. His hands cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead and left the room.

I was all alone once again. I hugged myself as I slowly fell onto the bed and started to cry silently.

There was a heavy thunder that startled me and I looked over the balcony. The night sky was so beautiful which made me drag over to the edge of the balcony. The brightly lit up the night sky was decorated by some sort of stars, clouds and full moon. The moon was particularly shining out of everything that was surrounded by it. It was so great looking into it. Suddenly I felt like I could see a shadow down in my garden. 

As I lowered my eyes to the ground I saw a man who wore a formal dress and when he noticed me, he wished genuinely. He stood by the entrance gate, he smiled as I did. It was a warm smile, it made me forget everything about him.

He was so lovely and handsome. 

After a few seconds, I don't know how but he just grasped my view and thoughts full of him only and made me urge him to go down and meet him up. I loved to do that but I can't since Cialla is now on my way. 

Suddenly that guy has vanished into thin air. I couldn't get any view of him.

 When I thought that I wish to see him again there was a voice behind me which said 

“Sure, you'll. I will come for you”.

It was a man's voice, it was so soft and consoling. I loved that voice. I fell in love with that voice. But the sudden voice gave me some creepy chills and shiver. Actually, it frightened me a lot. 

I'm longing to meet with this new and lovely guy. I thought as I slowly closed the door as a sloth by seeing the moonlight shining at the place where he stood. The wind made my white gown gently wave. I felt the air, it's fresh and nice. 

So, it's time to change. I need to be like the air too. I gotta start afresh as a nice life from tomorrow. 

***********

As I was cleaning my room, I had to see the diary of Lorelei’s once again. I just went curious enough to start reading it rather than cleaning my stuff. Sat near the window as I gathered the page from where I left it.

“I have one more power which is to gather other’s memories. I did it for Tia as she was attacked by a vampire. Seemed she never had true love. From her high school, she just started to date every boy randomly but it'll long only for 7 weeks. And that's it, he or she will break up. Just ‘cos she’s beautiful, she just waited and waited for long patiently for one to arrive. 


And then he came into her life while she was in college holidays, she had a spark whenever she saw him. She felt so happy that she had found, at last, the one for her. She thought he was the one but… it turns out he's also the same as every boy. She started to hate him, get mad at him. And couldn't act any more like as if loving him and so broke up with him as if she had been giving love to another man too at the same time. But for real she didn't. 

And after that, she left everything, she stopped to date.

Actually, I was totally mad at her for loving the man whom I had loved, Aron. 

She quickly found out that it's his character, it's his nature. He can't be as she had imagined. He can't change for her and moreover, he shouldn't ‘cos that’s what impressed her a lot and that's why she loved him. She began to realize that she had really fallen for him. 

And the next day, she wore a cute mixed pink and white short frock and makeup too but only slightly. Of course, she did go in search of him to say, her love.

 But the situation totally changed now, he started a new life. That's what she thought after seeing him with her. She still remembers her, she was her college mate who seems to be… Renu.

She felt like her heart would dare to stop pounding at any time. She thought Renu took him away from her. Is this revenge for her for taking Tim away from Renu during college? 

But She left him. Then why?

She breathed heavily and the second after she saw a man before her. 

She could see the shadow only. It was dark, it's almost late at night.

When she cleared up her eyes, she saw a handsome man who suddenly genuinely hugged her which freaked her out. And he said to hush. 

She didn't understand anything. He saw her directly into her eyes. And then… she thought ‘Oh! God, who is he? He's so lovely. I want him.’

I did feel like… seriously? Flattered by just a gaze. OMG! Kill me, please.

And she continued to smile as he did. He neared her and kissed her hands gently. 

When she blinked her eyes, there was none. He vanished. 

That man was none other but Nick. 

He was watching her from behind. He did that ‘cos to keep an eye on her and as well as to use her. He made her as his puppet. Yep! He turned her into a vampire by kissing but not totally a vampire.

And I talked to him myself, I mean he’s my cousin. So I did talk to him and nicely without his consciousness, I got a connection with his memory.

 I watched him walk through the gate of Renu’s. And genuinely wished her when he saw her watching him from the balcony wearing a white gown. He smiled at her. And after that, he just vanished. When she thought about him more and more, he came closer to her from her behind and whispered in her ear that, 

“Sure, you'll. I will come for you”

He said that and then became invisible only to her eyes.

When she slept, he just came out and saw the full moon, it was so bright. And then he didn't hesitate a minute, he just put his fangs on her neck and sucked her blood slightly and gently which made Renu feel like it was nothing but a mosquito. 

He smiled at her. He felt the blood of hers. He felt so good and it refreshed him a lot better. And then he just went out through the balcony. 

When he was walking on the road, he felt as if someone's following him and that’s where we captured him. It’s our entry for Wray and I. Nick claims that he knows Renu from her childhood and fell in love with her at first sight and she’s the only one who can make him full”

As I finished reading it, I found the next page written… NO! Actually writing and it said,

‘YOU! RENU! DARE TO TOUCH MY DIARY!’

I was totally frightened. It was actually written by Lorelei but she isn’t here, then how?

As I heard Cialla calling over me, I kept the book on the table and went down. 

I knew that Cialla could clear all my doubts since she knew every answer. 

I asked her. She smiled and said,

“So, you found out. You remember the day that Cron asked me to take as him, itself?”

“Yeah”

“He meant, will I accept him as a Vampire and I did. Vampires, they have various powers. One of them must be writing a diary from wherever you’re. What?”

“It feels like fantasy but I don’t get her… why would Lorelei write up everything knowing that I had her diary.”

“Maybe ‘cos sooner or later you would know that thing by her only. So why not let you know it through this. Don’t worry about it. Well, care to show me the Diary”

“Yeah, follow me.”

We ended up in my room but there was a huge surprise waiting for us. 

THE DIARY WAS LONG GONE!

We stared at each other aimlessly.

 I got up as usual and refreshed. I saw some fresh flowers in the vase.

 I asked Cialla who bought it, she said it wasn’t written.

 And then when I got myself out of the house to work, I saw a gift lying next to the door. It had a paper stick onto it. It said, “From Aron”.

 When I saw it, mad came all over me but after a few seconds, I smiled at it. Thought I was gonna walk up to work but surprisingly Tim drove me. He also said to meet up with him in the afternoon at lunch. 

As he said I met up with him and we chatted for a long time that I forgot the time passing. After my work, while I was on the way home, I met up with Aron. He pleaded with me to get back but I denied. And when I almost reached home, Aron left. 

While I was gonna take a right turn, I came to notice that I was being followed. I turned around and saw a stranger. When I took a look closer at him, I recognized him. He was the man who genuinely wished me that night and made me smile. I was longing to meet him but now all I was about to run. I was scared of him.

He called out to me. I didn’t turn. I kept on walking. He came before me as fast as light and blocked my path. He insisted on talking to him. Near, he wasn’t that much scary and so I did accept. As well as somehow I can feel that he will never hurt me.

He said that he was the one who left the flowers for me and asked whether I liked it and I said yes. We chatted. When I talk to him, I feel so eased and good. I feel less with him. He walked me home and left. But before he went, he hugged me tightly and left. Ah! The hug felt so damn good. I loved it but he didn't mean anything anyway. 

That's what I thought but when we started to see each other on the way and chat, I saw that he has feelings for me. I strongly felt it. But I didn't know whether I'm. I think I'm confused. No! no more confusion had enough of it. And there goes the next day to let every past let go and start a new life, I thought and slept.

Then the very next day, while I was on the way to find Nick along with Cilla. I accidentally met up with Aron. He came towards me and said sorry. 

Cialla didn't even bother to intrude, she just watched us. And then a minute after before I could say to him, Tim showed up and pushed Aron saying to getaway. As he would listen to Tim’s words I thought sarcastically. And yes, he didn't.

Rather he asked who Tim was for me. I was shocked by this question and I waited to hear the words from Tim. 

Tim just saw me and asked,

“Who am I really to you, Renu?”

Uh-Oh! Now I got trapped as I thought, and there showed up Nick. Not the right timing to show up. I sighed.

Nick just barged in and said,

“Yeah, just say them already that you love me”

I was once more shocked and saw Nick as he smirked at me. 

I couldn't face anyone right now. Cialla went off already before Tim showed up because of her work.

And now the three of them scold each other and was about to start a fight but a girl stopped it and asked Aron,

“Don't you know your true feelings?”

She cried as she said it, she was none other but Tia. She said that she really loves Aron so much that she couldn't just give up yet and she has a gut feeling like she does know that he too feels the same way towards her but not towards me. I was surprised to see her as well as Tim too. 

After a few seconds, Tia left off by crying as Aron said harsh words to her. And Tim rushed over to her to console her. I felt like I'm having a big headache right now. I felt like I wanted to be left alone.

But they didn't. They didn't just give up yet. They needed an answer right now. But I can't give them right now, so I gave an invitation to a party to them and escaped from there saying that I would give my answer there.  

The next day at night was the party. It was a luxurious party for a celebration of increasing the level of their company of the one which Cialla, Tim and Aron work on. 

I wore a Red Square Neck Knee Length Burgundy Swing Party Dress, wine red lipstick, black colour eyeliner, red peep-toe heeled shoes and hair done as a long wavy hair. 

As I entered the party, I saw Nick, Tim and Aron wore a gentle suit which looked lovely on every one of them. I loved it.

 And then when it's time to dance, Tim grabbed me to dance. We danced gracefully but all of a sudden Aron grabbed me and we danced cheerfully and then it was over. 

When we, Aron, Tim and I walked together towards the side where the chairs were situated, I saw Nick all alone sitting on a chair and glaring at me weirdly. I looked into his eyes.

And suddenly I felt dizzy. I fell down and that's it, it was totally blank. But I could feel like someone saying that,

“I'm sorry I should have said it. I knew all along that he is dangerous but kept nearby to you every time” 

Ah! It was Lorelei, yeah Cialla invited Cron and his brother Wray along with Lorelei. 

I tried to touch her cheeks but couldn't, so I tried to open up my eyes as I said 

“Don't worry”
 
While finishing those words I woke up. And I saw myself sitting on a white bed with roses all around me. The fragrance of the room was nice. I stared at the wall.

But suddenly I smelled a foul as if a body was there for months. When I looked at the bed again, it was covered up with blood. Also, I saw someone in the corner of the room. I felt something on my shoulders and it was groaning at me with its watery mouth. I was totally frightened but I couldn't get up. I was trapped in here!

****************


CHAPTER - 7

I was trapped. The shadow which was on the corner of the room slowly neared me and I heard some weird noise from my left ear. 

I took a peek at that side and there was a skeleton which was nearby to my shoulder.

OH MY GOSH! It has life. 

It was staring at me, I was damn scared yet I didn't make any noise. I shut my mouth. I just saw it and turned away. 

After that only I noticed with a quick look that the skeleton had a tongue too, when it opened its mouth I saw it. It licked my cheeks. It was gross. Eww... I wanna get the hell out of here.

When I looked straight, there the shadow stood. I could see only its smile, it was hella creepy but it looked like a human. So, I tried to shout for help but my mouth was shut. I can't open my mouth now. "You gotta be kidding me!" that's what I thought.

Someone hit me on my head from the back. I became unconscious. I closed my eyes yet I didn't wanna. I fell on the bed. 

When I opened my eyes, I saw myself in the same room, I got scared. Now I can walk and speak, so I tried to open the exit door and it opened. There wasn't any shadow nor any skeleton in that room after I woke up. I didn't know what was happening. 

I just kept on running ‘cos there were so many doors in the hallway. I just wanna find the exit and get the hell out of here. 

And then I stopped ‘cos there was one door open and the lights were on. I just looked inside, there I saw a gorgeous lady who wore a full black frock with black heels as cross-legged. Her lips were grape wine in colour. She saw me. I stared at her as she was smoking. 

The smoke she just blew away just looked like mentioning me to get out of here but I cleared it and went through it as it was on my way. I went to her. She was sitting on a chair as her legs crossed and gazed at me with amusement in her lips. 

She got up and welcomed me and made me sit on the chair which is opposite to hers. She closed the doors and asked, 

“Do you want to give a try to know about your very own future?”

I said to her,

“There is no time for that, I need to get out of here. So, would you help me?”

She refused.

But she said that she'll tell me only if I give a try. 

So, when I accepted her wish, she threw up three cards from her collection as she smiled at me.

She just closed her eyes and kept one of her hands on the first card. As she turned it she opened her eyes and smiled at me. She said,

 “Aww… I envy you, you have a very bright life”

But as she turned over the second card, the smile on her face slowly faded and she smirked at me.

She said, “You do also have a big problem”

And as she turned over the third card, she gave a gasp and slightly laughed. And said, 

“But the problem doesn't seek you… rather you seek it”

I just smiled at her and said in a very harsh tune,

“Now, I've done what you asked for. You gotta tell me”

She just smirked at me and nodded her head from left to right as if I didn't understand her last words and pointed at the left door.

I just ignored her and rushed towards the door.

I opened the door and saw many doors in it. When I kept my footsteps inside, the doors which were right before me just vanished and When I took a look carefully. It was an illusion. 

I was falling down from a height. I was so careless. I thought I was gonna die soon anyway. So, I closed my eyes. 

When I opened them, I saw myself standing in the same hallway of the same doors contained. But now, there wasn't any door opened. 

And I found out that there is something following me. So, I started to run ‘cos I saw it, it was huge and ugly and it also saw me. It was so scary and it's trying to eat me as a whole. But I won't let it get me.

I ran and ran and at last, there was some turning. So, I took a high speed and turned right and opened the first door and entered it.

I'm okay. I'm safe here. That's what I thought but… suddenly I felt like I'm drowning and when I looked down to my knees, I saw myself stuck into the quicksand. GREAT!

I tried to get away but I stuck to it tightly more than before and the room is fully covered with quicksand. I don't understand why there is quicksand in a room. 

And as I tried and tried, the more I got inside. So, I gave up on trying. But that's the most stupid thing I have done so far ‘cos after I gave up, I was dragged down into the quicksand. 

And when I opened my eyes, I saw myself in deep water. I couldn't breathe and as well as I don't know how to swim. As I was about to faint. There came a hand that touched my skin and got me out of it. 

I opened my eyes and saw a young and handsome boy. He was damn gorgeous. I could recognize him, he is Nick. He smiled at me. We were outside in the garden. I saw a big and beautiful house.

 And that same house was the one which I was inside a few minutes ago, I can feel it. I could tell it without any doubt but I don't know-how.

Nick just smiled at me and said,

“I thought it would be easy to get you but you know what… No, it's not that easy ‘cos you have only ever loved one truthfully and I hate it that it ends in this way. I'm sorry, Renu and say farewell to the one you love who is...”

Ahh… my head is spinning, I want to know the last word he said but I couldn't yet. He didn't care whether I heard him or not. I just sat on the ground as my head was spinning. 

And that's it I was once again fainted. 

When I opened my eyes, I saw myself standing before a mirror. I gazed at my reflection, I wore a beautiful and daring long red gown with my lips painted scarlet as I wore flat-heeled red shoes. And a suitable diamond ring on my ring finger, got a white dazzling necklace on my neck which also happens to be a diamond. My hair was a long wavy strand. I looked stunning. 

I walked out of my room and fetched my lovely fiancé who was known for his powers and the most handsome and caring than anyone, he’s Nick. 

He was sitting over the garden and relaxing there. I sat opposite him and saw the mansion we live in, seeing that made me cause headaches and also made me remember something but it was blurred and so I didn’t bother about it.  

When I caught his eyes, he smiled at me as I smiled at him too. When he approached me to touch me I twitched without my consciousness. He felt wounded in his eyes. I smiled weakly and said that as I am sick I don’t want him to catch it and so, did I get out of his touch. He didn’t care, he just left by saying that he has work to do. 

I clearly knew that my body reacted to his touch without even being known by myself but I wonder how. When I was taking a rest in my room, I had some flashes in my mind. It disturbed me a lot. The flashes were like I was with some other persons whom I don’t even know… Or do I know them?

I went on to sleep with those thoughts on my mind. Next day morning, I didn’t see Nick as he was at work. Rather, I got to meet up with a gorgeous lady who wore a full black frock with black heels. She was standing at the corner of our garden. Her lips were grape wine in colour. When she saw me, her green eyes showed that she was caring for me and as well as afraid. She neared me and said, 

“Have you not yet regained yourself?”

“What?”

“Of course! You won’t understand it because he got you. Remember when you feel like there is more to this life you’re living in right now. Just do go over to this place”

She gave me a piece of paper and left in a rush.

I could slightly sense that I’ve seen her before but where?

When I try to remember it, I feel a heavy headache. And so I left it. 

Another night with so many thoughts in my mind, I didn’t feel so sleepy. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I reached out and it was Nick. He smiled at me and asked,

“Is your sickness over?”

“Yes. Now I am okay. You don’t have to worry about me”

“I will and I can’t avoid thinking about you”

“Well… What makes you come over here at this time?”

“May I come in?”

“Oh! Yes”

He entered my room and smelled it and then turned towards me. He reached over to me. He came too close to me and it turns out he just wanted to lock the door. Huh! But why?

I followed him as he said to. He sat on the bed and let me sit beside him. He smiled at me as caressing my hair, which made me spellbound. I was like in his hands, he can mould me anyhow and I would also go in the way as he says. He told me to get near him and I did so without even thinking. He smelled me and hugged me tightly as he kissed on my right side of the neck. And gradually bit and sucked my blood. This made me lose my mind to wander. I moaned loudly. 

I heard some voices in my mind with some blurred images, it said,

“I think it’s time for you to know, Miss Renu” 

"Is something on me?"  "No, it's just..."  

“Are you okay, miss?”  

“Aren’t you worried?”   “No, why? Should I?”   “Well, in reality, you loved him…”

I shut my eyes hard and let me think about Nick but somehow my mind travelled to the same point from where it left it. And the word ‘loved him’, trails back me into some other memories and I could once again hear the voices…

“I never expected to see you ...again” 

“Nothing, just… you look lovely” 

"Just ugh… forget HIM then"   "You do know I can't…” 

“Sure, you'll. I will come for you”. 

“Who am I really to you, Renu?”  

“Yeah, just say them already that you love me”  

“I'm sorry I should have said it. I knew all along that he is dangerous but kept nearby to you every time” 

“Aww… I envy you, you have a very bright life” 

“You do also have a big problem” 

“But the problem doesn't seek you… rather you seek it”

And at last, some of the voices alone kept on repeating in my mind,

“Never, ever leave me again. I can't stand you leaving me. Promise me”

“Hush… I won't do that anymore ‘cos I have changed and changed for you only, I need you. Only you”

And this makes me remember about myself and the love I had for him. Nick smirked on my ear and said,

“You will never get a chance to get away from me. You are trapped in here. YOU. ARE. MINE”

His words made me shiver and I pushed him away from me and got out of my room to get fresh air. When I was out I saw a light flashing in and out from the big tower which was abandoned a few years before that's what I’ve heard from Nick. He called out my name. I hesitated but went towards the light.

I went into the tower. It was so dark that I couldn’t see anything at all but suddenly the light came in and went out. Through that light, I went upstairs and only then I found that this is the place that has been drawn in the piece of paper which was given by that elegant lady. I looked all over for something like making me remember anything but there was nothing. 

I felt goosebumps all over me when I heard the noises in the ground of the tower and I know what it means, it means that Nick is here and he warned me about this earlier yet I stand here not following his words… I am so dead if they reach out to me. But if I could only reach out for anything which will make me disappear from here would be so good for me.

And then, there comes that elegant lady with a lamp in her hand. The lady made me walk over into the tower and told me to take the amulet which was shining inside a box which was brought by her. I was baffled. She told me that she can't touch it, even if she did she would be burnt to death since it has that much power and that's what Nick is trying to reach out through me. 

I took that amulet and then she showed me a way to escape which was literally like a suicide because of Damn! She told me to jump through the window which was on the opposite side of the mansion of Nick’s and she assured me that this would save me from everything. 

Down there was water, the sea but I didn’t want to die yet it's the best way rather than sticking up here. So I just jumped over gathering up my courage. The lady smiled at my choice. When I was about to hit the water, all I was thinking about was the voices and the words said by him. I wished to see him one last time.

***********

The water splashed and I went into the water… Surprisingly I could swim, I don’t know how but it helped me in a way. I tried to swim out but the more I swam the more I went into the water. 

There was a tiny light coming from the way where I was headed. When I neared it, I saw a Pinctada exactly shaped in the amulet. I took out the amulet and saw it was shining. 

I kept it in that Pinctada and then I had some visions of Nick. 

I was actually seeing myself in there wearing a black dress as I held the amulet out to Nick. He kept his hand on mine and I could see that he was actually grasping the power from the amulet. And to acquire it, I was the only key to him and as well as he loved me but in a weird way. 

I saw myself gradually vanishing away in the thin air as he grasped the power. And then I was gone. Nick was having me to only have these powers. The powers made him blind. 

The visions slowly started to collapse and I went unconscious.

**********

When I regained my consciousness, I saw myself situated in a white bed with roses all around me. The fragrance of the room was nice. I stared at the wall. 

And I recognised the minute where I am in. I gulped as the doorknob turned and there entered a shadow, it was Nick. 

He came near me and I acted as if I don’t know anything. He kinda looked pissed off. 

He said in a soft yet rough voice,

“You do know what have you done, right?”

“What are you talking about?"

“Yeah! Now you act as if you don’t know anything”

“No, I remember. I clearly remember everything now. You are the cause of these. If only you had let me go. It wouldn’t have ended in this way”

“Do you hate me now?”

“Of course! I do. Only if I had not appeared into your eyes”

“You wish to go out from here?”

“Yes”

“As you wish then”

“What?”

“I said, go"

“Okay”

“Before you leave, let me get that amulet”

"Never"

"You dare to raise voice on me"

"The powers have blinded you. You should fight it, Nick. You're not being yourself. You don’t need these powers"

"You’re one to talk about this… huh! Do you know who you really like?"

“I… I don't know. Don't change this talk towards me"

“Yeah, this is messed up. You'll be no use to me. But know this, I love you and I care for you and that's why I'm abandoning you. You'll wake up any minute. I caught you in your mind but it seems like that I can't do that in your heart too. Farewell then"

"Wait, what do you mean by 'wake'?"

I asked him as I reached out to him from getting up from the bed. His eyes were down only until he looked at me and said,

“GO!”

He just said that and pushed me to the ground and that's when I noticed that there was a pit beside me. I fell into it and I was going down and down and down. I realised when I was falling down that I've been here. In this mansion, in this home long before when I was a kid. 

I met him then, he was a teenage boy when I was a baby girl. Never knew I was a long relative to him. I was actually living with him for months.

Now that I remember, I could get the image. The shadows I saw in that room was a black power making him to change into them. The skeleton was his dear pet, it used to keep him in conscious when the powers tried to get him. The multiple doors were the entry to his thoughts because I heard some conversations behind some doors which I can't open, even though I had a view in that situation. That gorgeous lady was his fiance whom he avoided yet she didn't care about it. She just cares him. She wanted to be him. And so, she came to me. I saw her when I was living with him, parents used to say that she's the one for him. And those huge and ugly things following me were none other than his family, they were tortured to death and burnt alive so, they looked like that. The quicksand was like denoting the lust he had towards the powers, he didn’t want it yet he gave in to it. 

The lady, what she said about me was actually about him, Nick. Bright life, big problem and he seeks it. It was all a clue to help him. The lady made this illusion to me first before Nick could get me into my mind. She made me realise about the real him and who he was to me.

I know now that he is no harm. I smiled at him as the pit closed keeping me in. He too smiled, the smile showed his loneliness. He didn't do any harm to me. He just needed someone beside him to be conscious yet the powers tried to take his conscious but he didn't let it happen. He let my voice into him. 

I can sense some lights flashing over my eyes, it disturbs me a lot yet I couldn’t see it. 

And then a small thing opened up, it was so bright that I couldn’t see it but I managed it and went in through it. 

And then it was all blank.

****************


EPILOGUE

I woke up and my parents came to me with a happy face and said about this to the doctor. The doctor checked me up. 

Oh! Yes, I was in the hospital. The doctor said that I need to have rest and so I must be admitted for some days. 

I had some letters along with flowers which were sent to me in these days. It wasn't written from whom but I knew it was him, Nick. He always cares. 

The days when I was in the hospital went like a leaf which would fall from the tree gradually. 

I came to know that my friends went away when I was admitted here because of their work. So none came to meet me but, a kind-hearted lady nurse alone met me every morning and refreshed the flower vase and will go away. She was kind of looking like that same elegant lady.

And then everyone, my friends came to know that Nick just tried to make me trapped in my mind so that he thought I would give myself to him as I lost my memories but no, I didn't give up easily.

After being discharged, I felt like a free bird. For some days I wandered around and then I started to go to work.

And one day when I was at work, I weirdly felt an unusual feeling. My heart started to beat fast, infinite happiness flowing in me. Hyped up. An electric feeling which was damn good to feel. And my eyes wander around everywhere as if something is here and it’s very special to me.

A longing and pleased feeling to get that precious thing in my eyes. I could always feel that an invisible rope tied upon me and now it’s dragging me to a place where my eyes are fixed on.

I walked towards that person and saw his face. And that’s it, my heart drops down in a relief seeing him. My eyes met up with his eyes. He smiled as I did.

My blood heated up and rushed up all over. I was longing to meet this guy who stood in front of me. 

I can't express the feeling I have but I could feel it. Happiness and wanting to meet him.

I smiled at him shyly as I stood in front of him. He licked his lips slowly.

His face, his structure, and everything were amazing. I love him.

He said,

“Sorry, I couldn’t meet up with you while you were admitted”

I hushed him by putting my finger on his lips and said to him,

“My love for you won’t… will never die”

He blushed at my sentence and said looking straight at my eyes,

“I love you, Renu”

I smiled at his words. My cheeks must have been a scarlet then but none noticed it. I said,

“And I love you, Aron”

He laughed and hugged my hands tightly. This feeling would be never felt with anyone. This feeling is invisible yet they are so much worth to give in. Slowly the warmth of his hands made me feel secure and we shared some electric feelings just within us.

His voice and his words are the ones which made me remember everything and made me wake up otherwise I would have been trapped forever in my mind itself without knowing that there is a person outside waiting for me.

Damn! I just love him so much.


****************


Author Notes:

If you love the story, please do share it up. Love you guys to the moon and back. 

CREDIT:

Editor - Akshitha Varshaa. V 

Image - Sharon McCutcheon @ unsplash