THE DAY WE MET
Next day at the campus, my friends asked for a treat since they missed the party the day before yesterday and as I obliged, I came to know that there was a boy who's damn cute and perfect and every girl's eyes were on him! For years I had been studying in the same school and saw none like him. I was totally curious.
While heading back home, I saw the clouds, it was so dark as if gonna rain any second. The breeze was so nice. I felt like I was in heaven, it was such nice weather. All of a sudden it started raining, I ran to a nearby shop to avoid getting wet.
After a few minutes, a boy showed up wearing the same uniform as mine, probably my senior. He was soaked in the rain. He looked so cute and all of a sudden my heart raced and this feeling was kinda weird. I was not able to stop staring at him.
When the rain stopped and the sun showed up, his eyes were so beautiful in the sunlight. Then he was gone.
From the Next day onwards I started to wait for him at the shop because I knew that he would come this way. One day he noticed me and asked
“Why are you staring at me all the time?”
His face showed me that he knew why I stared, yet he asked me. My mouth just collapsed everything by saying,
“I just wanna be your friend, that's it”
He smiled and said,
"Hmm.. ok we’re friends from now on”.
Friends, that's what we became and started to hang out. My feelings for him had changed gradually and now I was just a friend to him.
Days passed and one day, one of my friends invited everyone to a night dance party. Everyone showed up with their partners, but not me.
When I took a peek at the entrance, there he stood. Though he had said he would not be making it to the party, there he stood all ready to take me as his partner for the dance.
We danced so gracefully and everyone’s eyes were in our dance.
When the party was over, we were walking together and…what the hell did happen? when did we hold hands?? It was a sudden shock to me and then when we were about to reach my home, he just said,
"….I want your answer. You can take your time”.
I just rolled and rolled in my bed thinking did he meant what he said? What made him think like that? Why did he say like that?
So many questions were boggling up in my mind and it was like my head might burst any second. For a week I was on leave as I had a severe fever and my friends showed up and checked up on me. On the last weekday, Friday, he showed up and gave me some flowers. He didn't talk much. But when he was about to leave, he just smiled at me and then he was gone.
Oh! gosh, that smile... Man... I can't forget it, the feelings I had, had returned.
Next day at the campus, my mind was occupied with him. Then I waited for him at the shop, he too showed up. He was ignoring me but I stopped him and said,
"I too had the same feeling for you but… suddenly I don't know why it changed and then again when I saw your smile, all of my long-forgotten feelings came back”.
He just stared at me and said
“Do you clearly remember what I said the other night? are you sure?”
I nodded.
“Nope you don’t", he said.
I just looked at him baffled.
He then said,
“I was just kidding, don't look at me that way, I meant it”
With his same mesmerizing smile at his lips the words he said that night was,
“I was just kidding, don't look at me that way, I meant it”
With his same mesmerizing smile at his lips the words he said that night was,
“I had loved you from 'THE DAY WE MET' ”.
CREDIT:
IMAGE - Clem Onojeghuo @ unsplash